We are experiencing unprecedented growth not only in sales and product offerings but also in total employee count. As a result, we are committing additional resources to our number one priority of safety. Taylor Northeast is looking to hire a Philadelphia-based Safety Trainer who will have two main responsibilities. The first will be to assist our Pittsburgh-based Safety Director in maintaining existing health and safety management programs and DOT compliance in order to reduce risk in all of our workplaces with a focus on our Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley, Baltimore and Syracuse locations. The second responsibility will be to train our customers and our employees alike services on the various safety programs that we offer including but not limited to OSHA-10 Hour, OSHA-30 Hour, Train-the-Trainer classes, lockout-tagout, bloodborne pathogens, Hot Work, Fire Extinguisher Training, First Responder Training, etc.
- Recommend and design new workplace health and safety programs relative to risk management and hazard abatement.
- Develop action plan to control health risks and hazards to all employees in the workforce.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA reporting and record-keeping.
- Serve as a technical expert and stay current on all new and proposed federal, state and local safety and health regulations.
- Write and revise safety policies and procedures as required to comply with regulations.
- Conduct field audits as needed to ensure that company safety policies are being followed.
- Assist location managers with the investigation of workplace accidents, incidents and near-misses in order to properly identify the root causes and trends.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of corrective action plan to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conduct and maintain accurate records for individual company’s employee safety committees and maintain close communication with management on employee safety issues that require management action.
- Perform safety orientations for new-hires.
- Coordinate employee safety training in order to meet annual and intermittent requirements, including Hot Work, Lockout/Tagout, Powered Industrial Truck Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens, First Responder Training, Hearing Conservation, Hazardous Material Training, Fire Extinguisher Training etc.
- Sell safety training services to both existing and new customers.
- Train customer's employees on required safety training programs.
- Provide expertise on Safety training requirements based on customer account.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions on safety training programs for delivery to equipment operators; courses include but are not limited to aerial lift safety, driver safety, emergency action, hearing conservation, forklift operator training, lockout-tagout, first aid, fall protection, blood-borne pathogens and many others.
- Assist the HR Department with various common tasks such as on-boarding, random drug test administration.
- Must be comfortable with overnight travel to all company locations throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland. Estimated monthly travel = 30-50%
- Skilled in forklift operation.
- Safety experience or formal safety education preferred
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Provincial occupational safety regulations including OSHA, FAA, MSHA, EPA and health standards such as ANSI, NFPA, NEC and other non-regulatory safety codes and standards required.
- Knowledge of MSHA requirements with associated training programs such as Aerial Work Platforms, Forklifts (Powered Industrial Trucks) etc.
- Maintain and keep current – OSHA Standards for Safety and EPA Requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize time and multitask numerous projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated mastery of Sales skills such as selling value over price and selling the value of training to our internal sales force and potential customers.
- General office and telephone skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Comfortable with public speaking as an instructor in a classroom environment.
- Basic knowledge of the sales process.
- Weekly travel up to three days per week with possible overnight stays required.
- Competitive wage which is commensurate upon experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Health (majority paid for by the company)
- 401k with company match
- Vehicle allowance
- Paid expenses
- Company smart phone
- Company laptop
We are an equal opportunity employer.